These roasted plums are delicious with muesli or as a dessert with your favourite icecream. You can also freeze them so you can enjoy plums all year round.
12 large and firm plums, halved and pitted
1/2 cup of honey
3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
1/2 cup of fresh thyme, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon of freshly ground salt (I use pink salt)
1. Preheat oven to 250°C (475°F).
2. Heat the honey and olive oil in a large frypan. Use medium heat and remove once the honey is starting to bubble.
3. Add the plum halves, cut side down. Cook plums without stirring for 2 minutes.
4. Add the plum mixture to a baking tray (there should be enough oil in the mixture to stop the plums from sticking. Sprinkle with salt.
5. Roast for about 3-5 minutes, until the caramel on the plums is deep brown. Keep an eye on the oven to avoid burning the plums.
6. Remove from oven and transfer to a bowl/plate to cool. Be careful as the mixture will be red-hot.
7. Serve warm or keep for up to 3 days in the fridge. Freeze if you want to enjoy later.
SOURCE: Vegematarian original