Gluten-free, sugar-free… and guilt free? Almost! This recipe makes about 12 small macaroons.
3 large eggs, extracting the whites from the yolks
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract (not essence)
1½ cups of dried, unsweetened, fine shredded coconut (the finer the better)
¼ teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of dried ground Stevia
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
Dairy-free margarine or butter
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
2. Grease a large baking tray with butter or dairy-free margarine.
3. Separate your egg whites from your yolks in separate bowls.
4. Whip the egg whites in a bowl using a beater. The whites are ready when you can make ‘mountain peaks’ with the mixture.
5. Very gently fold the dry ingredients (including the Stevia) into the egg whites.
6. Use a dessert or tablespoon to scoop out the mixture. Place each dollop on the greased baking tray.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes, macaroons are done when the tops are golden brown.
SOURCE: Joelene Eats Here